Kästner & Töbelmann, based in Erfurt, was one of the most respected Thuringian manufacturers of kerosene lamps. Their models are very popular with collectors. It was one of the five large
lamp factories in Erfurt and was founded in 1874.
S. Toebelmann already had a business, in which Franz Kaestner got involved and in 1899 became the sole owner after the death of S. Toebelmann. The name Kaestner & Toebelmann was continued as a brand name until the dissolution in 1937.